“ Rule 1) Always reblog the rules. ALWAYS! Rule 2) Answer the questions the first person asked you and write 11 NEW questions Rule 3) Tag 11 people and link them to this post (whoever made this must…
Rule 1) Always reblog the rules. ALWAYS!
Rule 2) Answer the questions the first person asked you and write 11 NEW questions
Rule 3) Tag 11 people and link them to this post (whoever made this must really like the number 11)
Rule 4) Actually tell them that you tagged them.
savbizcor tagged me for this, and I thought it would be a good way to share some tidbits and get to know people:
1. Who is your role model if you have one?
I have several—my mentors from Hollins like Nancy Dahlstrom, Marilyn Moriarity, Ruth Sanderson, Ashley Wolff, Lauren Mills, Elizabeth O. Delumba, my friends who are doing awesome and cool things, no matter what they are doing (hi you all), and my family. A literary role model would be J.K. Rowling (I owe A LOT to Harry Potter).
2. What do you do to unwind?
Battle extraterrestrials (i.e. play Mass Effect), and watch movies—I especially like catching midday matinees at my local theater.
3. Your favorite person in the whole world.
I’m pleading the 5th on this one.
4. What is the one thing you want most of all in your life?
To continue honing my artistic and writing passions, and someday be able to fully support myself and family with them.
5. Are you attracted to heights?
I was on airplanes since I was two weeks old, and have flown in many helicopters—including over the rainbow-vaulted canyons on the island of Kauai. But would I go skydiving? Probably not.
6. What reckless thing have you done in your life? You can name a few, if you’d like.
Once while visiting Aruba, I was so engrossed in snorkeling that I swam a good half mile from shore, and didn’t realize I had until I swam back and found my parents freaking out on the dock. Also, apparently just walking down my road is reckless, cause I ran into a black bear last week (both me and the bear are fine, and were equally freaked out).
7. Do you believe in magic?
Magic is science we do not yet understand.
8. Do you believe in science?
Science is magic that we have figured out.
9. What scene from a movie would you like to rewrite if you could?
I would add more flashbacks and demonstration of character for Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy—it bugged me how much her story and character were told instead of shown. The movie did not have the excuse of a limited POV—though chronologically linear, it did show a flash-forward for Quill and jumped to different characters at different times. Basically because we (the audience) were told about Gamora’s reputation and personality, and she tells her own tragic back story which has supposedly kept her good-at-heart even while being forced to be an assassin, I expected it all to be a ruse she was using to earn Quill and crew’s trust just to back-stab them to Ronan. (Cause here’s the thing—her and Drax have almost the exact same back story, but because Drax is somewhat of a secondary character, he can get away with more telling instead of showing.) Basically—add a similar origin scene of her losing her family to Ronan like how Quill lost his mom and was abducted, and have her DEMONSTRATE her true good heart instead of her just saying “Oh, hey guys, I’m actually good.” Like, during the fight on Xandar between her, Quill, Rocket, and Groot, she could have just as easily been all badass fighting them, but pull a pedestrian out of the way of the fighting or something. Or, better yet—Ronan gives her the order to kill a family just like hers, but she refuses (or secretly lets them get away), and thus Ronan thinks she failed (or succeeded) and that’s why he would pick her to go get the macguffin instead of Nebula (either cause she needs to prove herself or has SHOWN a proven track record), rather than have it be just some arbitrary choice to get the two female characters at odds with each other. Heck, this scenario could have been inter-connected with Drax to help give him some more SHOWING instead of TELLING too.
10. Do you think people will be able to eliminate money as a means of exchange at some point in the faraway future?
I think while we might get rid of money, we may never get rid of value. We may soon be making down payments on houses with bottles of water or something.
11. Do you think answering 11 questions and thinking of 11 more is too much?
We’ll see—it’s my turn.
My 11 questions:
1. If you could be an extinct animal THAT IS NOT A DINOSAUR, what would you be?
2. Do you prefer heroes or villains?
3. What’s the most difficult/hardest thing about your favorite hobby? (i.e. drawing hands, writing dialogue, picking the right movie, etc.)
4. If you dabble in the arts, what is your favorite medium to work in?
5. Any pets?
6. If you wanted to tell someone just one important thing about yourself, what would it be?
7. If you could live anywhere where would it be? (Fictional places fair game).
8. What story—and I mean anything from folktale, book, comic, movie, videogame, manga, anime, TV show, whatever—has influenced and stayed with you the most?
9. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done?
10. Would you slay or tame a dragon?
11. What would be your dying words?
I’m tagging: eachainn drownedinlight yorusaur yokosukababy mangothemango theprojectfairy forkflinger eccentricpacifist kyrianne unforgettableunicornopolis yasashiburi
No pressure to complete this—have fun!